Sunday, January 31, 2010

OK, happy Sunday, This one is pretty basic, but its a favorite at our house, so just in case you don't know how, here is the recipe for homemade noodles. Its like the one everyone uses, but for our family it originated may generations ago as good old Italian spaghetti. It has been said that my grandmother could roll the pasta dough out thin, role into a tube, cut the pasta with a sharp knife, very fast, very even to create yummy spaghetti.

Eggs, my mother taught me one per person and one for the pot, unless you are cooking for Casey, then it is 2 per person
A little olive oil, makes the dough nice and smooth as you are rolling it out (I learned that from my brother)
Flour, enough so it is not sticky when you roll

you probably figured out, I really don't have a recipe for this one

Mix the 3 ingredients, cover and let rest for a bit (how it that for an exact science)
Roll out the dough, I use a pasta machine (thanks to my wonderful children)
Lay out to dry, be sure to flour the surface so they don't stick.
Turn over to dry on the other side (if you let them dry too long they will crumble as you cut)
Cut into desired noodles.

If you use the dough for ravolli, put them together before you let them dry.
Cook in Salted Boiling water until they rise to the top and taste yummy when sampled.
The sampling is the best part of cooking homemade pasta.

Eat plain or with your favorite sauce, or add to soup. Good no matter what you do with them.

1 comment:

  1. yay mom for posting this awesome and by far favorite!!!! i brag to my clients often about the home made pasta from real italians :)

    ReplyDelete