Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chicken Curry

1/4 C + 2 Tbs butter (I sometimes only use half this much)
1/2 C chopped onion
1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
1/4 C + 2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp ginger
2 C chicken broth
2 C milk
1 lb Chicken cut up into bite-size pieces
carrots
celery
potatoes (whatever kind you like)
Rice

I like to start steaming my vegetables first. That way they are tender and not too crunchy when you add them to everything else. Cut up carrots, celery and potatoes into bite-size pieces. I am not good at measuring this stuff out so I just cut enough to fill a small pot, about a Cup of each.

I also like to get the rice started so it is finished about the same time as the curry. I usually cook about 2 C of rice for me and Derek but do what you need.

Brown cut up chicken pieces and set aside. In the same pan or pot combine the butter, onion, and curry in a pot. Saute on medium heat. Add the flour, salt, sugar, and ginger. Mix it together until it becomes a thick consistence. Add the chicken broth and milk. Allow it to cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally with a whisk. When the liquid starts to thicken add the chicken and vegetables. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes on low heat.
Serve over rice and enjoy.

*If you don't have any chicken broth in a can or anything but you do have chicken bullion just boil 2 C of water and add 2 cubes of chicken bullion.

No comments:

Post a Comment