Saturday, February 6, 2010

Best White Frosting

I see a dessert trend lately so here is one of the frosting recipes that I use:

1. 2 cups vegetable shortening
2. 1 stick butter (salted)
3. 1 tsp. popcorn salt
4. 2 tbs. warm water
5. 3/4 cup evaporated milk *regular milk will keep it whitest- but I haven't tried it yet... I will
let you know shortly how the regular milk lets it turn out.
6. 1 tsp. vanilla * clear imitation vanilla
7. 2 tsp. almond extract (I put in more vanilla and not the almond)
8. 2 lbs. + 2 cups confectioners sugar *Domino is the whitest

*types to use for white/white frosting


Instructions:

Beat 1 and 2
add 3 and 4
add 5,6, and 7
slowly beat in 8


Recipe is from Roxanne- Sister Gasque gave it to her. :) Enjoy!

This recipe is good for decorating icing- I also add some Meringue powder (1 tsp.).

No comments:

Post a Comment