Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ravioli Filling

I made ravioli for the first time on Sunday and had to call mom for the filling ingredients so I figured I'd put them up here.

Ingredients:

2 large Chicken Breasts
1 container of Ricotta Cheese
1 box of frozen spinach
Italian Bread Crumbs
1 egg

Directions:

Cook the chicken breasts and chop it up with a chopper. Defrost the spinach and try to get most of the water out of it. Then put all the ingredients in a bowl, mix together. As far bread crumbs go, I just added some until it looked good. We all know that mom used to split the two up and have spinach ravioli, and chicken ravioli, but now she just mixes it all together. To split them up, the spinach and ricotta cheese go together in one bowl, while the chicken, breadcrumbs and egg go in another bowl. Also, I'm kind of guessing on portions for the chicken and egg. This is what I did and it turned out great, it made a lot, but tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment