Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Grandma Vanderhoef's Cheesecake

I'm so sorry for dropping the ball again. We've been packing and I just forgot...but I'm surprised no one has put this up here yet. This is Andy's all time favorite home made cheese cake.

2 large cream cheese (please do not use low fat)
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla

Beat and pour into a graham cracker crust. Bake 15 minutes at 350

one 8 oz sour cream
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix and spread over cake. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees
Refrigerate for 5 hours.

**I change this a little bit. I made it wrong by accident, but it actually turned out really good. I bake it without the topping for 20-25 minutes. I take it out when the whole thing jiggles as one piece, if that makes sense. Then I let it sit for about 5 minutes on the counter. Then I put the topping on and broil it for 2-5 minutes or until it just starts to brown. Then it goes straight into the fridge over night. Its really delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment