Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Peanut butter cookies tweaked a little bit

So we all know that I have been trying to eat healthy lately. Tonight I wanted a treat so I took a peanut butter cookie recipe that I had a tweaked it. Aaron refuses to try them but Ellie and Tanner enjoyed them. So here is the original (I may have posted it before) and my new modified version

Regular Peanut butter cookies

3 T butter
2 T peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt

Cream butter peanut butter and sugars together. Add egg white beat until blended. Add vanilla. Combine flour,baking soda and salt in another bowl and gradually add to creamed mixture

roll into balls and flatten with fork. Bake at 350 for 6-8 min.

My Version

3 T all natural no sugar added applesauce
2 T all natural peanut butter
1/2 C honey
1/4 C splenda
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 flour ( may need a little more)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt

follow the original baking directions. Will be a lighter color and softer texture

No comments:

Post a Comment