Saturday, May 22, 2010

The best way to burger

How to make a perfect burger

I found this in one of my magazines and since I am married to a major burger lover I thought I could always use a little help bettering the burger. Casey ,being to amazing grilling man that he is probably already knows all of these tips but I thought the rest of us could try them.

1-Mix meat and other ingredients lightly by hand until just blended -then stop. Over handling can cause meat to turn tough.


2- Lean meats light chicken and beef need extra moisture from the inside, so mold patties around cheese or salsa. Or build your burger around an ice cube to keep them moist.

3-When forming the burger patties, make them uniform in both size and thickness so they'll cook in the same amount of time. Also press your thumb into the center of a meat patty to form a quarter inch depression. the meat will expand to the indentation which will keep the burger flat and help it cook evenly

4-Lightly coat burger with olive oil or vegetable oil to lock in the juices and prevent sticking

HAPPY GRILLING EVERYONE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment