Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Today you get double recipes (ok, it sounds special, but the reality is I was a slacker on Sunday and am playing catch-up) The mom is supposed to have it together, Right? -the matriarch, the head of the family, the one everyone looks up to-well, you may know the truth, but please don't ever tell my grandchildren-let them always think their grandmother really does have it all together. They will learn soon enough that while we all want to be super people, we are just people who do the best we can, accomplish what we can, and as long as we keep a smile on our face, love the ones we love, serve the best we can-and keep an eye single to the glory of our Heavenly Father, He is pleased and we should be also. It is ok not to be perfect. It is wonderful to be real.

So, for the reason I am really here, the recipe. This comes from my good friend, Danae Wood. We work together at the elementary school-she helps me maintain my emotional strength in the work place. I would not have survived this school year without she and Cristina. I made this bread one Sunday-it makes 4 loaves, it was all gone by Monday morning. I think Tanner ate the most. Grandmas smile a lot when their granddaughter like their cooking.

Bread

2/3 Cups oil
1/2 Cup instant potatoes
1/2 Cup quick oatmeal
1/2 Cup instant powdered milk
1/2 Cup honey
1 1/2 TBSP salt

Place these ingredients in the mixer and pour 3 cups of boiling water over-let sit 20 minutes

Add 2 cups cool water

Mix in:

2 TBSP yeast
5 Cups whole wheat flout
about 5 Cups white flour (you know how bread is-add what you need)

Mix 10 minutes-let rise-20-20 minutes Place in pans let rise 30 minutes
Bake 325 for 35 minutes (about) Go for that golden brown look
ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. You ARE wonderful, and in my eyes, a SUPER- WOMAN!! love you and miss you, I'm gonna try this recipe once he weather cools down here!
    love ya

    ReplyDelete