Thursday, June 3, 2010

Trifle


Sorry I didn't post anything last week. It was our official moving day and I didn't even think about the fact that we wouldn't have internet until it was too late.
So this recipe didn't quite turn out as well as I thought it would, but I've been sick and my taste buds are all messed up. Casey says it was good so I will post it anyway.
1 pound cake or angel food cake or just box cake
1/2 cup orange juice
2 cups prepared vanilla pudding
3-5 cups favorite fruit(s)
1 cup whipping cream OR
1 small container Cool Whip
1 package jello, optional
Whip cream if using, sweetening to taste with powdered sugar. Chop fruit into bite-size pieces if necessary. If using Jello, prepare according to package directions but do not chill. Break cake into bite-size pieces. Put 1/2 of cake peices into large bowl or trifle bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 of orange juice. Pour in 1/2 of the Jello if using. Continue layering with 1/2 of the pudding, then 1/2 of the fruit, then half of the sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip. Repeat the layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment