Friday, June 18, 2010

Chiken Fajitas



Okay, this can't really be considered a recipe but I'm just going to tell you how we prepare our chicken fajitas.

We use the Walmart brand packet of Fajita seasoning, preparing our fajitas according to package directions. All you need with this is a pound of chicken, an onion, and a green pepper.
While this is cooking, we also prepare a box of Rice-a-Roni fajita flavored rice.

Once those are done, we layer the rice, the chicken and vegetables, shredded cheese, sour cream and guacamole on top of a fresh baked fajita-sized tortilla. There is a grocery store here called H.E.B. that bakes their own tortillas and they are amazing.

I'm not usually a huge guacamole fan but I'm really addicted to homemade guacamole. Laurie and Cade taught us a shortcut for making it. I guess this can count as a recipe. Mash up your avocados with pace picante sauce (or whatever salsa I suppose), salt, and lime juice, all to taste because I don't know the exact amounts. It is my favorite thing right now.
Anyway that is chicken fajitas, Casey and Kristi style! Happy Father's Day everyone!

P.S. Just to clear things up--no I am not pregnant!



1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness...ok LUV Ashlynn in her swimsuit!! They are all being lazy :) oh and bummer but thanks for clearing up the "is she or isn't she" :)

    ReplyDelete