Thursday, October 28, 2010

Peach Pie


Yum... This picture is actually a fruit pie I adapted from the peach pie recipe. You see, I was so excited for peach harvest time so we could make this pie. It's Casey's favorite and we made it a lot in Utah. However, Texas peaches are NOT Utah peaches and I will never buy another one as long as I live--they are really that bad. Anyway, since the peaches were so gross I just threw in some strawberries and pears and raspberries and it was still good, even though it was not the peach pie I was looking forward to.
1 refrigerated pie crust
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
4 Tbsp. corn starch
2 Tbsp. peach OR orange jello
Peach slices
Prepare refrigerated pie crust as directed on box. Fill baked crust with sliced peaches. Combine other ingredients in small to medium sauce pan. Heat and stir until boiling and thick. Place saucepan in other cake pan or something similar and surround with ice cubes to cool. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then pour over peaches in the pie crust. Cool in the fridge for 30 minutes. Serve with whipped cream on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment