Thursday, September 23, 2010

Beef Enchiladas


I'm not sure why I haven't posted this recipe yet since I have been making it forever. I think it was the real recipe I ever really learned back when I was in high school, and the first thing I ever really made for Casey. My family really likes them and they are very mild for all you weaklings who don't like spicy stuff!

2 lb. hamburger
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
2 t. chili powder
1/4 c. diced onion
2 c. water
2 T. brown sugar
1/2 t. garlic powder
Grated cheese
Flour tortillas

Brown the hamburger and drain off excess fat. Keep in pan and bring to a boil with the remaining ingredients. Simmer for 10 min. Spoon a little of the hamburger onto a tortilla, put some cheese with it and roll it up. Place in greased baking dish (or you can line the pan with a little of the liquid instead of greasing it). Repeat until the hamburger is used up. Pour the remaining liquid over the tops of the enchiladas and top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment